- 4 Portobello mushrooms, stalks removed
- Bacon lardons/ prosciutto lardons
- 1 large white onion
- 100g 1912 Stilton®
- 15g olive oil
- 10g chopped flat leaf parsley
- Ground black pepper
Great as a starter, a side or even just an indulgent snack – these stuffed mushrooms are simply fantastic!
The creamy tanginess really of 1912 Stilton® really cuts through the richness of the bacon and pefectly compliments the earthiness of the portobello mushrooms.
If you really want to push the boat out, you could combine this dish with Marco Pierre White’s fantastic rib eye steak recipe.
Cooking this recipe? Make sure you share it with us on Instagram @1912artisan.
- In a frying pan, heat olive oil, add diced onions and cook until soft, add lardons and cook until crispy, season with pepper.
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5.
- Place mushrooms onto a baking tray, fill with the bacon and onion mix and crumble with 1912 Stilton®.
- Place in preheated oven for 35 mins. Garnish with parsley.