- 200g spinach
- Knob of butter
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 100g Stilton®, crumbled
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 2 ready-made thin pancakes (crepes)
- Vegetable oil
Start your day off right with this outstanding brunch dish. Healthy, filling, fresh and vibrant, this recipe has it all. If you’re looking to really elevate your brunch game add some thick cut ham and hollandaise to give it eggs benedict vibes.
The tanginess of the 1912 Stilton® will cut through the richness of the hollandaise. Glorious.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and wilt the spinach. Transfer to a sieve, allow to cool a little, then squeeze out any excess moisture with your hands.
- Melt the butter in the same frying pan and add the mushrooms. Season and fry until golden. Stir in the spinach and Stilton® then set aside.
- Clean the frying pan, add some vegetable oil and put over a medium heat. When hot, crack in the eggs and turn the heat down a little. Fry for 2-3 minutes until the white has set but the yolk is still runny.
- Serve the mushroom, 1912 Stilton® and spinach on top of the crepes, top with a fried egg and season.