- 375g plain flour
- A pinch of salt
- 225g butter, diced
- 150g 1912 Stilton®
- A pinch of English mustard powder
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 free-range eggs, yolks only
- 1 free-range egg, beaten for egg wash
- Finely chopped fresh rosemary
Party time! Upgrade your party nibble game with these moreish, crunchy and munchy cheese straws.
They’re great to dip into a salsa or munch on their own when you’re sorting out the rest of the party food…just don’t eat them all!
Share your 1912 Stilton® cheese straws with us on Instagram @1912artisan.
- Sift the flour and a pinch of salt into a bowl. Using your fingertips, rub in the butter until all the lumps are gone and the texture is like fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the cheese, mustard powder, cayenne, and egg yolks. Add 4-5 tablespoons of cold water and mix to a firm dough. Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Roll out the dough to a square, roughly the thickness of a £2 coin. Cut the square in half, then cut each half into 1cm/½in strips.
- Transfer carefully onto the lined baking sheet, egg wash and sprinkle chopped rosemary and bake for 10-15 minutes, until crisp, then leave to cool on the tray.