- 400g puff pastry thawed
- 300g fresh green asparagus, washed and woody ends trimmed off
- 250g plain cream cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 50g 1912 Stilton®, crumbled
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg beaten
A super simple dish to make but it looks as if it’s taken some real talent to pull together. We won’t tell if you don’t!
Great for lunch, for dinner and at parties, this tart makes a great centrepiece to your table. Cut it in front of your diners for that added bit of wow factor.
- Pre-heat the oven to 220ºC/430ºF. Line a baking sheet with baking/parchment paper. Combine the cream cheese, egg yolks, Stilton®, thyme, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Gently roll the puff pastry out into a large rectangle to fit your baking sheet or to the length of your asparagus going across plus a 2cm border. Make sure the pastry is around 5mm thick to cook through.
- Score a 2cm border around the edge taking care not to cut all the way through the pastry.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the puff pastry, staying within the borders then top with the asparagus and season with salt and pepper. Brush the edges of the pastry with beaten egg.
- Place the tart into the oven and allow to bake for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is golden and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.