- 2 long slices of sourdough bread
- 4 cavolo nero leaves, stem removed
- 2 tbsps of red onion chutney
- 100g of 1912 Stilton®
- 2 tbsps of olive oil
A toastie is a veritable lunchtime classic. And this toastie is truly epic. The freshness of the cavolo nero and the tanginess of the oozing 1912 Stilton®, sandwiched between delicious, toasted sourdough bread makes for a true lunchtime treat.
- Heat a frying pan to a medium to high heat.
- Lay out the slices of sourdough bread and place Stilton® on each slice, topped with cavolo nero.
- Put both slices together, with the red onion chutney inbetween.
- Brush olive oil on either side of the assembled toastie.
- Pop into the heated pan and cook either side for a few minutes each until golden
brown and the cheese has melted.