- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for garnish
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 stick of celery, chopped
- 1 whole cauliflower, roughly broken
- 1 pint of vegetable stock dissolved
- 100g 1912 Stilton®
- 4 slices of sourdough bread, or any bread you have – the ends work particularly well
For a warming and delicious treat, you’ve got to try this cauliflower and roasted garlic soup with 1912 Stilton® croutons. This one takes time to prepare, but it’s worth it. The slow roasting of the garlic brings out delicious mellow flavours, while the Stilton® croutons bring savouriness and that extra touch of luxury.
- Cut the top off the garlic bulb, put in bulb in some tinfoil, drizzle with oil, scrunch up the tinfoil to make a parcel and pop in oven for 30 mins at 180°C.
- Meanwhile, in a deep pan, heat the olive oil and add the leek and celery until soft.
- Add the broken-up cauliflower to the pan, pour in the vegetable stock, pop the lid on pan, bring to the boil then simmer for around 30 mins.
- Add the 1912 Stilton® to the slices of bread and pop under a high grill until all melted and golden brown.
- Once all the vegetables are cooked through. squeeze out all the roasted garlic cloves into the soup and blitz with a handheld mixer or blender until you have a smooth soup. Season to taste.
- Top with the 1912 Stilton® croutons, drizzle with olive oil and add extra chunks of Stilton® if you want.