70ml of Quality Vodka or Gin
Rinse of Sweet Red Vermouth*
1912 Stilton Stuffed Olive
*a rinse is where you put a splash of vermouth in the glass, rinse it around and throw it away
We teamed up with drinks enthusiast Aidy Smith to create a spin on the traditional vodka martini but instead of a basic olive, we’re sprucing things up, and stuffing it with 1912 Artisan Stilton for a creamy kick of saline love. Blue Cheese fans!
Why does it work?
The creaminess of a good quality vodka or aromatic botanicals from the gin work perfectly with the creamy savoury notes of the stilton stuffed olive. Your lemon peel garnish and aroma will bring out a vibrant zesty note which elevates the sensory elements of the experience.
- Rinse your martini glass with vermouth and rub the essential oils from your lemon peel garnish around the rim and stem of the glass.
- Fill a mixing glass ¾ of the way with ice and pour your vodka or gin in.
- Stir gently for around 40-60 seconds until you reach an ice-cold temperature.
- Garnish with your 1912 blue cheese stuffed olive.
- To Garnish, use a larger pitted olive is ideal for stuffing. Simply kneed the cheese a little with a bread knife and smooth it in.