70ml of your 1912 Stilton Bourbon fat wash*
10ml Maple Syrup
2 Dashes Chocolate Bitters
Indulge in a unique twist with a savoury cocktail with our 1912 Stilton turned in to an Old Fashioned, blending the richness of aged whiskey with savoury notes of blue cheese for a sophisticated and bold flavour experience. Enjoy this creamy experience. share your creations on the gram with @1912artisan.
- Fill a large mixing glass with ice and pour in all of your ingredients.
- Gently stir for around 40-60 seconds until sufficiently chilled.
- Strain into your tumbler which is filled with ice and add your garnish.
Slice a large orange rind squeezing gently over the drink to release the essential oils. You can also flame the end of a cinnamon stick and place it within the serve for an extra festive touch.
HOW TO CREATE A STILTON FAT WASH:
- Melt 125g of butter into a pan on low heat
- Add 75g of Stilton and stir until combined and melted
- Pour the mixture into a large Tupperware box or equivalent
- Once cooled, add in 750ml of bourbon, stir and freeze for 24-48 hours
- Remove from the freezer and gently scrape off the frozen layer of fat then fine strain the liquid through two muslin/cheese cloths
- Pour the mixture back into the original bottle and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks