- 1 roll of puff pastry
- 300g dates, destoned
- 100ml boiling water
- 50g walnut, roughly chopped
- 1 x 1912 Artisan Stilton cheese, crumbled into small pieces
Try making these simple, yes scrumptious 1912 Stilton, Date & Walnut Pin Wheels over the festive period. Perfect as a savoury snack as part of your festive nibbles! Don’t forget to tag us at @1912artisan on social media with your creations!
- Take out the puff pastry out the fridge to warm up to room temperature slightly to make it more malleable.
- Add the boiling water to the de stoned dates for 5 minutes to soften. Add the dates and water to a blender and blitz into a puree.
- Open out the puff pastry and spread the date puree all over. Scatter over the chopped walnuts. Lastly finish with the crumbled 1912 cheese.
- Cut the pastry in half length ways. Then roll from the long edge inwards, so you have a long sausage shape. Slice each roll into 20 strips, so you are left with 40 canapés once all cut.
- Pop onto a lined baking sheet and into a preheated fan oven of 180c for 10/15 mins or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Allow to cool & enjoy!