- 100g 1912 Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 500g strong bread flour
- 1 tsp of caster sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp of dried fast action yeast
- 350ml warm water
- 100g finely chopped dried cranberries, plus extra whole ones for decoration
- 60g grated parmesan
- A few springs of rosemary for garnish
- 30g melted butter
Try making our delicious 1912 Stilton & Cranberry Festive Bread Wreath as a part of your festive celebrations this year. Perfect with some chutney or a little drizzle of balsamic dressing or honey. Don’t forget to tag us at @1912artisan on social media with your creations!
- In a large mixing bowl add the strong bread flour, make a well in the centre and add the yeast. Slowly add a bit of warm water and mix with a fork to create a paste of the yeast and the flour together. Add the sugar, and salt. Carry on adding the water slowly mixing all the flour in until your mix starts coming together.
- Bring the mix together with your clean hands and then turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Start kneading the dough for a good 10 mins so that it becomes springy to touch, pop back into the bowl and add a tea towel over the top and leave to proof in a warm space for about an hour or to roughly double in size.
- Once proofed turn out onto a lightly floured worktop, cut into 20/22 pieces, open up each cut piece and push some chopped cranberry and crumbled 1912 Stilton cheese into each. Pinch together at the bottom to secure the filling into the dough, and roll into a ball.
- Get a lightly greased baking tray (with some butter) add an oven-safe ramekin or cookie cutter for the centre, put a ring of balls around the ramekin centre allowing a few millimetres apart for them to rise again. Repeat with the outer ring.
- Cover with the tea towel and leave to proof for another hour or until doubled again.
- Once the balls have risen, brush with the melted butter and grate the parmesan all over.
- Pop the tray into a preheated fan oven 170c for 40 mins until golden brown once cooked. Remove and let cool.
- Add to a chopping board and decorate with the sprigs of rosemary and small handful of cranberries.
- Serve and enjoy!