- 1 x sheet of puff pastry
- 4 x beetroot cooked and cut into small wedges
- 3 tbsps of honey
- 70g chopped hazelnut
- 1 x 1912 Stilton cheese, crumbled
Perfect party food inspiration for the festive season! These 1912 Stilton, Beetroot and Hazelnut canapes serves Christmas on a platter. The savoury creamy Stilton pairs well with nutty hazelnuts and juicy beetroot, give these a go and don’t forget to tag us at @1912artisan on social media with your creations!
- Roll out your puff pastry and cut it in half lengthways, then cut each half again in half lengthways so you are left with 4 long strips.
- Rotate sideways and cut again in half widthways, then cut each half in half again so you’re left with 4 wide strips, then cut all of them in half so you are left with 8 cuts along the length and 4 along the width and 32 rectangles in total.
- Next score a rectangle border inside each rectangle, this will help it cook in the centre and will separate away.
- Pop into a preheated fan oven 190c for 10/15 mins until cooked though and golden.
- Remove and leave to cool, once cooled remove the rectangle puff pastry in the middle.
- Add the crumbled 1912 Stilton cheese to each pastry rectangle and pop back in the oven for a few minutes to melt.
- Lastly add the sliced wedges of beetroot to each rectangle and finish with the chopped hazelnut and a drizzle of honey.
- Serve on a tray and enjoy!