- Left over risotto
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 200g plain flour
- 300g panko breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 300ml veg oil
- 50g mayonnaise
- 3tbsps of whole grain mustard
Waste Not, Want Not! Got some left over risotto in the fridge?
Enjoy a fusion of flavours with our 1912 Stilton and Squash Arancini. Savoury Stilton cheese pairs perfectly with the subtle sweetness of squash, encased in crispy, golden rice balls for a quick and easy light bite using left overs!
- Make roughly 30 small balls from the cold risotto mix, by pressing together to keep them tight.
- In three bowls add the risotto balls to the flour to coat, then egg mix and finally the panko breadcrumbs, until beautifully covered and leave on a tray until all the balls are covered.
- Carefully heat the oil in a shallow wide pan on a medium heat. Add some breadcrumbs to check if the oil is at sizzling point, slowly add the risotto balls in batches and turn in the oil with a metal slotted spoon every now and then.
- Once golden brown, gradually take out and put onto a lined plate (kitchen roll) until you have cooked all the arancini.
- Mix the mayonnaise and mustard together and serve as a dip with your oozy 1912 Stilton arancini balls.